Impact idlers are yet another important variant of idle rollers. They are usually coated with shock-absorbing materials that have high strength properties. The cores and coating of the roller minimize any kind of structural deformation that may happen due to weight transfer shocks.
The roller is an important part of the belt conveyor. There are many types and large quantities, which can support the weight of the conveyor belt and the material. It accounts for 35% of the total cost of a belt conveyor and generates more than 70% resistance, so the quality of the roller is particularly important.
Working principle of impact roller:
The roller drives the roller tube, the bearing seat, the outer ring of the bearing, and the seal ring to rotate through the friction between the conveyor belt and the roller, and realizes the transmission of logistics together with the conveyor belt.
Impact roller function:
The role of the roller is to support the weight of the conveyor belt and the material. The operation of the roller must be flexible and reliable. Reducing the friction between the conveyor belt and the rollers plays a key role in the life of the conveyor belt, which accounts for more than 25% of the total cost of the conveyor. Although the roller is a small part in the belt conveyor and the structure is not complicated, it is not easy to manufacture high-quality rollers.
Features of impact roller:
1. The toughness is more than 10 times that of ordinary metals, and the life span is five times that of traditional pillar shoes. It is corrosion-resistant, flame-retardant, anti-static, and light in weight.
2. Very good wear resistance, and has good self-lubricating performance, does not damage the belt.
Use occasions of impact roller:
Corrosive environments such as coal washing plants, coking plants, chemical plants, etc.
Operation of impact roller:
1. Before using the roller, carefully check the appearance for any serious bumps and damage. The rotating roller should rotate flexibly without jamming.
2. The installation distance of the rollers should be determined by scientific calculations based on the type of logistics and the characteristics of the conveyor, and avoid excessive or dense installation.
3. The roller installation should be adapted to avoid friction between each other.
Impact roller maintenance;
1. The normal service life of the roller is more than 20000h, and generally does not need maintenance. However, according to the place of use and the size of the load, a corresponding maintenance date should be established, timely cleaning and oil injection maintenance, and timely cleaning of floating coal. The rollers with abnormal noise and non-rotating should be replaced in time.
2. When replacing the bearing, the opening of the bearing cage must be opened outwards. After the bearing is installed into the idler, the proper clearance should be maintained and not crushed.
3. The labyrinth seals should be made of original parts, and should be put into the rollers during assembly, and should not be assembled together.
4. During use, the roller should be strictly prevented from hitting the roller tube by heavy objects.
5. To ensure the sealing performance and use performance of the roller, it is forbidden to disassemble the roller at will.