The ceramic roller is a composite component composed of a porcelain body, a bearing, a shaft, and a plastic labyrinth seal, and is calcined at a high temperature.
The working principle of ceramic roller:
The roller drives the roller tube, the bearing seat, the outer ring of the bearing, and the seal ring to rotate through the friction between the conveyor belt and the roller, and realizes the transmission of logistics together with the conveyor belt.
Ceramic roller function:
The role of the roller is to support the weight of the conveyor belt and the material. The operation of the roller must be flexible and reliable. Reducing the friction between the conveyor belt and the rollers plays a key role in the life of the conveyor belt, which accounts for more than 25% of the total cost of the conveyor. Although the roller is a small part in the belt conveyor and the structure is not complicated, it is not easy to manufacture high-quality rollers.
Features of ceramic roller:
1. Corrosion resistance: Acid, alkali and salt are not corrosive to it.
2. Strong hardness: strong wear resistance.
3. Fully sealed: Both ends are equipped with plastic labyrinth seals, oil and grease will not leak, and the rolling shaft can run in a fully sealed state for a long time.
4. An oxide film is formed on the surface of the ceramic, which does not adhere to any substance and does not react with any substance. Trough rollers remove belt stains. On the slope belt, the force is large, the resistance is small, and the effect is the best. The double-section idler can reduce the heavy pressure point of the belt on the idler. The hollow idler device can make the belt fall off by itself without sticking to the suction idler, which can extend the service life of the idler.
5. Long service life, 2-3 times longer than the steel roller, and can reduce belt wear, the belt does not run sideways to extend the belt service life.
6. High economic benefits, can reduce the overall cost of belt conveyors and reduce maintenance man-hours.
Ceramic roller use operation:
1. Before using the roller, carefully check the appearance for any serious bumps and damage. The rotating roller should rotate flexibly without jamming.
2. The installation distance of the rollers should be determined by scientific calculations based on the type of logistics and the characteristics of the conveyor, and avoid excessive or dense installation.
3. The roller installation should be adapted to avoid friction between each other.
Ceramic roller maintenance;
1. The normal service life of the roller is more than 20000h, and generally does not need maintenance. However, according to the place of use and the size of the load, a corresponding maintenance date should be established, timely cleaning and oil injection maintenance, and timely cleaning of floating coal. The rollers with abnormal noise and non-rotating should be replaced in time.
2. When replacing the bearing, the opening of the bearing cage must be opened outwards. After the bearing is installed into the idler, the proper clearance should be maintained and not crushed.
3. The labyrinth seals should be made of original parts, and should be put into the rollers during assembly, and should not be assembled together.
4. During use, the roller should be strictly prevented from hitting the roller tube by heavy objects.
5. To ensure the sealing performance and use performance of the roller, it is forbidden to disassemble the roller at will.