The troughing idlers effectively guide transportation of various objects on the conveyor. These idler rollers generally run beneath the conveyor belt and form a trough which helps to keep the loose materials from accidentally falling off the conveyor belt.
The roller is an important part of the belt conveyor. There are many types and large quantities, which can support the weight of the conveyor belt and the material. It accounts for 35% of the total cost of a belt conveyor and generates more than 70% resistance, so the quality of the roller is particularly important.
Working principle of trough self-aligning roller:
When the conveyor belt deviates, it drives the trough self-aligning roller group to deflect, so that the roller generates a friction force that promotes the conveyor belt to restore its equilibrium position, so as to achieve the purpose of correcting the conveyor belt.
The role of trough self-aligning roller:
It is used to support the load side of the belt conveyor to adjust the deviation of the conveyor belt to prevent snakes and ensure the stable operation of the conveyor belt.
Features of trough self-aligning roller:
When the amount of deviation is small, the rotation angle of the roller on the deviation side is small, and the lateral thrust generated on the conveyor belt is also small;
When the amount of deviation is large, the rotation angle of the idler roller on the deviation side is larger, and the lateral thrust generated on the conveyor belt is also larger. In this way, the automatic adjustment of different deviation amounts is realized.
Another function of the deflection stop roller can also directly prevent and limit the deviation of the conveyor belt in the case of serious deviation. Under the combined action of the trough self-aligning roller, the conveyor belt can be gradually centered. The belt runs out of the rack.
Operation of trough self-aligning roller:
1. Before using the roller, carefully check the appearance for any serious bumps and damage. The rotating roller should rotate flexibly without jamming.
2. The installation distance of the rollers should be determined by scientific calculations based on the type of logistics and the characteristics of the conveyor, and avoid excessive or dense installation.
3. The roller installation should be adapted to avoid friction between each other.
Maintenance of trough self-aligning roller:
1. The normal service life of the roller is more than 20000h, and generally does not need maintenance. However, according to the place of use and the size of the load, a corresponding maintenance date should be established, timely cleaning and oil injection maintenance, and timely cleaning of floating coal. The rollers with abnormal noise and non-rotating should be replaced in time.
2. When replacing the bearing, the opening of the bearing cage must be opened outwards. After the bearing is installed into the idler, the proper clearance should be maintained and not crushed.
3. The labyrinth seals should be made of original parts, and should be put into the rollers during assembly, and should not be assembled together.
4. During use, the roller should be strictly prevented from hitting the roller tube by heavy objects.
5. To ensure the sealing performance and use performance of the roller, it is forbidden to disassemble the roller at will.